Sunday 12 September 2010

David A. Carter : White Noise and Blue 2 pop-up books

I've never seen pop-up books quite like White Noise and Blue2 - two children's books by David Carter.

White Noise is the latest book from David Carter which explores sounds and colours, using intricate shapes and amazingly complex paper mechanics. The book creeks and groans as you turn from page to page, there are even pages with musical parts that drag across patterns of cut paper and scratching across rough opaque paper. Click here to see White Noise on the Tate online shop >

Blue2 is a more playful book. As you turn through the pop-up sculptures the book becomes a game to find the 'blue 2' (number 2). Each page turns into a riddle giving you clues to find the next blue 2 hidden within the pop-up paper. Click here to see Blue 2 on the Tate online shop >

Both books are great fun, and will astound anyone who picks them up, I highly recommend having a look at the real thing as the pictures don't do them justice.













Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. That's fantastic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a woderful book. I love the simple wimsy and the paper trees as I just wrote about paper trees in a new poem titled "Blau". It prompts me to wish to create one of my own and that might be a great new year activity, though I think I'll order one too.

    A Merry Winter Holiday Wish to ALL,
    artist / educator TRACEE PICKETT
    www.traceeandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, that is exactly what I was hunting for! You just spared me alot of digging around. I’ll make certain to put this in good use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails