Friday 27 April 2012

Pantone Swatch Album Artwork by David Marsh

I'm really loving these 'swatch' artworks by David Marsh, such a good idea! Here's what Marsh has to say about them in conversation with DesignBoom

'The purpose of this series is my own exploration and development along with the satisfaction I have when I complete an image I like to experiment with image creation and will stumble onto a technique and develop that and then archive it and resurrect it when I have a purpose for it. I will develop this idea into various new directions, the next being actually painting some of the covers that work best, hopefully on a very large scale or using collage to create the image. the options are endless and that excites me'. 



Pink Floyd: 'Dark side of the moon' (1973)

left: Grace Jones: 'Island life' (1985)
right: Bob Dylan: 'The free wheelin' (1963)

Johnny Cash: 'At Folsom Prison' (1968)

Roxy Music: 'Country Life' (1974)

Left: Pink Floyd: 'Atom heart mother' (1970)
Right: Primal Scream: 'Screamadelica' (1991)

The Beatles: 'With the Beatles' (1963)

Left: New Order: 'True faith' (1987)
right: The Smiths: 'Shakespeare's sister' (1985)

David Bowie: 'Hunky Dory' (1971)

Patti Smith: 'Horses' (1975)

Nirvana: 'Nevermind' (1991)

Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention: 'Weasels ripped my flesh' (1970)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails